Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

BokDol is his Name


I finally decided to release the name that we gave to the foster Poongsan.  His new name is BokDol.  My dad picked the name.  Bok means blessing in Korean, and Dol is a boy's name.  I mentioned to my dad that it could be a mouthful for non-Koreans to pronounce, but he pulled the sentiment card. (BokSoon was one of the Jindos' name.)

BokDol finished his antibiotics and is eating very well now.  I've tried to switch him from the Hills Prescription I/D dry dog food, but I guess I went too fast and his stomach couldn't handle it.  So, he's still on the Prescription I/D.  I was hoping to introduce more calories to his diet.  Though he looks better now because I've bathed him and his fur is starting to grow back, he's still very skinny.

Neck fur is growing back.

Still visible hip bones and narrow waist.

3 comments:

  1. I like the sound of the name. Has a nice jump to it. And what a lovely picture at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am fostering BokDol's friend, the Japanese Akita, and would love to get in contact with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, I'd love to compare notes on how ShaSha is doing. You can email me at jindojunkie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete