Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Alaskan Collars

I ordered a pair of Alaskan Collars or Limited Slip Collars from Alpine Outfitters for BokDol and PoongSoon.  They'll wear these collars all the time with their tags on it.  I had the Jindos wear Alaskan Collars before, but I didn't want to re-use theirs for the Poongsans.  I also wanted to give the Poongsans a unique theme color apart from the previous dogs.  PoongSoon's color is now hot pink, and BokDol's color is blue.

PoongSoon jaw sparring with BokDol.

BokDol letting PoongSoon pinch his ears.

I'm a fan of the Alaskan Collars because they offer a looser fit when the dogs are not leashed.  That's a plus with PoongSoon's long fur which is probably going to matt and with BokDol's old injury that's apt to have scar tissue. 

I also like how the collar will tighten if the dogs try to back out while on leash.  It won't choke all the way like a choke chain collar, which is a bonus for when the dogs will be walked by people who aren't very skilled with choke chains. 


Collar fully opened

Collar fully closed.


I ordered the collars with the big ring attachment.  I figured it'll make finding the ring easier when PoongSoon has her adult coat in, and it'll keep my fingers from getting pinched when BokDol does his spin moves whenever I grab his collar.  It looks big on PoongSoon now, but I'm positive that she'll grow into it.  



1 comment:

  1. I really like those collars. I'm going to eventually get or make one for Conker if he ever learns that walking on-leash with a collar is okay and not going to kill him.

    ReplyDelete