Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

"Type" Evaluation

PoongSoon's other ear went up this week which prompted some musings on my part about how well she fits her breed "type". 



Her ears being up is definately nice, but it wouldn't have been considered a big deal if they didn't.    I'm not too worried about the ear size relative to the head.  I know Jindo pups always have an oversized looked to their ears at this age and suspect Poongsans are similar.  I'm also not too worried at the lack of space between the ears.  Underneath all that fur is a skull that hasn't even begun to fill out yet.



Speaking of fur, it's my suspicion that she's going to have a soft coat or a semi-long coat.  She has long fur on her ears,  on top of her head, and on her cheeks.  Long coats do exist in Poongsans though and it's not stringently discriminated against.  I do hope that her adult coat ends up harsher than it is right now.   I'm always picking off burrs from her puppy coat.


She has some pink spots on her nose that are slowly filling in.  Looking at some Korean websites, I've found that the spotty nose is  found in more than a few Poongsans.   Personally, I don't like it.  Her mother had a spotty nose that filled in completely so I have good hope that it will.


I wish the angle of her eyes was a little more up.  It would have been nicer to have her mistaken for a Jindo rather than an American Akita. Ah-well. 

PoongSoon's 3rd impersonation is of an American Akita


Body-wise, she hasn't completely fallen into the uneven puppy growth spurt yet.  Though she's grown in 4 weeks from 12.96 lbs to 23.5 lbs, it hasn't caused a dramatic change in her proportions. 




I'm hoping that I'll get a proper stack picture of her next week.  It's hard to get good photos of her when she spends 95% of her time looking like this:



or this:



1 comment: