Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Foster Poongsan

Well, I have a new foster dog, a 1 yr old male Poongsan.  I visited him on Saturday morning before the Jindo picnic and then decided to take him in after consulting with my family members.

On Sunday, I picked him up with the help of my friend, Jim, who has a very handy SUV.  I learned more of the backstory to the Poongsan, which I'll share either tomorrow or at least in the next couple of days.  For now, here's a picture of him from Saturday and a health update.

 
His current known health issues are the neck wound from the imbedded flea collar (now removed and healing), his flea bite allergy, his very thin weight, and some coughing which could be the beginnings of kennel cough.  I've noticed that it's worse when he's panting such as when he was being transported, so I wonder if it could also be trachea damage.

One thing I also noticed is that the inner corners of his eyes doesn't seem right.  From a distance, he looks like he has a wandering eye, but actually he's looking straight and the white membrane is just pulled out covering more of the eye.  I'll be asking the vet about it but a quick google search may indicate some sort of illness that he's fighting off.

No comments:

Post a Comment