Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tiger-Patterned Jindos

I came across this vibrant pic of a brindled Jindo and started to cross-post it everywhere.  I strongly recommend clicking on the picture to see the details on the dog.

Photo by Ahn, Shin Dong. 


Here are some other older examples of "Hogu" Jindos.

Photo by Woo, Mu Jong

"Ho-Jin" - Photo by Woo, Mu Jong



"Ho Jin Yi" -  Photo by Woo, Joo Sung
"Po-Hnag"

from Jindok Gae by Yoon (p. 125)



More info about this color can be found on my jindos.com website.

3 comments:

  1. That first one is amazing, great pic! How rare are brindle in the breed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still pretty rare despite being a dominant gene. There's lots of brindled mixes, usually Akita-Jindo mixes to my eye, so people don't feel comfortable recommending them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a yellow Jindo when I lived with my parents; we had my grandpa in Seattle find us one. She died a year ago at age 13. I live in Colorado and am looking for a reputable Jindo breeder but I don't know many Koreans as my parents left the state and my grandpa died and my grandma hates dogs (I'm Korean, btw, 27). Is there any way you can help me locate a good breeder? I wouldn't mind having to travel out of state. -Alisa

    ReplyDelete