Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fish Day

I was clearing out my freezer of old food when I discovered a bag of small fish.  I have no idea what kind of fish it was, only that it was left behind by my mom many, many months ago. 

The amount of work needed to clean and prep the fish, only to find out that it was freezer-burned made it easy for me to decide to just give it to the dogs.  I debated on whether to just give it to them frozen, but the idea of having raw fish juices on their paws, lips, and tongues grossed me out.  So I thawed the fish and cooked it on the outdoor grill so it wouldn't stink up the house.  Then I grabbed the camera and took pictures of the dogs eating their first whole fish.


The Poongsans both enjoyed their fishes.  At first, PoongSoon tried to pull off just the flesh from the bones with her front incisors, but then she ate the entire thing.



Nibbing off the flesh in this pic.

BokDol immediately grabbed it and started to eat it whole.

Scaring it down.


Even the chickens got a chance to partake in the fish feast.  This is a change from their usual lay mash and earthworms.






The only one who didn't enjoy the fish was my current foster dog, SeonHee.  She took the fish when I dropped it on the ground but then she left it on her bed.  I don't think she was a street dog for very long before ending up in the shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment