Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Masculine or Not


Here is a recent picture of BokDol taken during the past weekend.  As mentioned before, BokDol was neutered before I received him.  He was presumed to be 1 yr old, but later on I suspected he was younger than that.

There are side-effects to neutering before a dog is mature. There are some debatable health issues, but one thing for certain is that the look of the male dog will never become fully masculine.

I think BokDol's development may have been affected by the early neuter.  He is very leggy compared to PoongSoon, and he's not much thicker than PoongSoon.  His head is also taking a very long time to widen.  It has widen since I adopted him, but next to PoongSoon, it's not by much.

He'll still be the same beloved dog no matter if he develops more masculine traits or not, but I'll be leaving him behind when I attend breed exhibitions.  One thing I don't want is for people to start misidentifying white German Shepherd mixes for Korean Poongsans.   





No comments:

Post a Comment