Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Male Poongsans in Southern California

I think BokDol's head has widened a bit since I got him, but he still has a ways to go before being completely filled out.  Below are some pics of some males that were/are older than him.

Here is the first Poongsan that I have ever met.  He was imported from South Korea via the Korean National Dog Association.  The KNDA were involved with bloodlines directly from North Korea.  He was never bred as at the time there were no female Poongsans on the West Coast.  He is now dead, much to my great sadness. 



2002


2007, ear broken from a fight with a Jindo



Here is a picture of a male Poongsan that I visited in the spring.  I think he was two years old at the time.  He was imported from South Korea with pedigree papers.  His bloodline is via China.  I would be hard pressed to remember the name of the organization but my dad did manage to find the organization online. 

It's normal for one or both ears to be naturally dropped or tipped in the Poongsan breed.

Typical friendliness
 

Here is a picture of PoongSoon's dad.  He is also an import from South Korea but with Korea Kennel Club papers.   He came from an area of South Korea that differs from the one above.  His bloodline is also via China though.  I think he is also two years old.


This is another picture of him taken by his owner:




There is another male Poongsan in southern California, but I've yet to meet him in person.  I think he is Korea Kennel Club registered.  He's fully mature in this picture. 







Then there are an assorted number of males without documentation.  I haven't been tracking them.


No comments:

Post a Comment