Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Kuranda Bed

I caved.

I had told myself that I wouldn't buy a Kuranda Bed because it looked so cheap and looked like something I could make on my own.  With plenty of broken sprinkler pipes laying around the yard, I certainly had enough PVC pipes to make something hand-made.
 
I certainly had enough dog beds.  An extra large foam bed that used to be HwangJae's.  A small foam bed that used to be SooNee's.  An outdoor donut dog bed that the Jindos didn't like but Jersey tore at the seams.  A crate liner which was still usable despite Jersey riping the middle into tiny pieces.  A rectangular stuffed bed that used to be the sister's poodles'.  Etc.  etc.

Just three of the beds.  More are in storage.
But I caved when I saw PoongSoon sleeping once again on the tile, trying to stay cool.  So, I ordered a Kuranda bed for her.  She didn't have problems adjusting to it at all.


edit 5/21/11:  Just wanted to share this pic.  It's only 76 degrees today.


4 comments:

  1. First off let me say that I'm glad you have a blog, since I love learning about different breeds, especially Spitz-types!

    It's not quite warm enough here for one of those beds, it will be eventually. And I can tell with how little Conker is shedding (compared to his previous fur explosion) that he's going to retain quite a bit of his winter fluff and probably be very hot this summer. Unfortunately for him he doesn't like getting wet.

    If he does get to the point where he looks uncomfortable on the floor I'll most likely build him one of those beds since I can't afford the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losech, I would have made the bed, but I wasn't sure the PVC pipes I had would hold her future weight at ~60 lbs.

    I'm still planning on making one for Jersey though. She tops out at 15 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about one of these for the backyard, to keep the dogs off the grass, since that seems to aggravate the Shiba's insane allergies over the summer. But he NEEDS to have his sunshine! We don't have much of a deck, unfortunately.

    What size did you order?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the large size which is 40" x 25."

    ReplyDelete