Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

PoongSoon's [2nd] Puppy Graduation

Yesterday PoongSoon had her graduation from Puppy Socialization from Hidden Valley Obedience Club.  Like before, I dragged my dad along to take some pics.  He took some pictures before class started.


PoongSoon and I returning from taking a potty break before class.

The Rally Practice Area for Adults

Puppy Field with mini-agility


It was supposed to be a fun day with wrapping up testing for AKC Puppy Star and playing on the agility course.

I think we passed the AKC Puppy Star?  I'm still confused on that matter.

I was looking forward to running the agility course.  PoongSoon has always done so well playing with the pieces individually, and she wanted to jump on the equipment before class.


Jumping onto the Dog Walk at the wrong place

Walking on the Table


I actually had to pull her out of the tunnel since I didn't have a spotter.

The same went for the tetter-totter.  I pulled her off since we didn't have a spotter.

During the actual agility run though, we hit a hard balk.  One that I didn't expect.  There were two hula-hoops on the ground where pups were supposed to do their sits and downs.  Now, PoongSoon absolutely does not like hula-hoops at home, and she gave a hard balk once she saw them on the grass.  She sat down and would not move on.  Bribes weren't working.  Tugging on the leash wasn't working.  Skipping the hula hoops wasn't working.  I aborted her run and she was very subdued for the rest of the hour.  Just laying down with ears low and tail down.

It took a very determined Aussie a good ten minutes to pull her out of her funk, and then she participated in one of the other competitions.

"Watch me" competition

At the end of class, she got a pile of stuff.  Two toys, a bag of assorted treats, a HVOC certificate, a dog tag, and a dog medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment