Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dog Pics on Easter

After the family dispersed after Easter celebration, I decided to try to take some new pics of the dogs.  It was a warm day so I hoped that the dogs would be slow enough for my point-and-shoot camera that's starting to act up.

PoongSoon is nearly finished shedding her undercoat.  She's about 70 lbs and 24 inches at the shoulder at 1 yr of age.

Naked Girl
BokDol hasn't really released his undercoat yet.   (Neutered male side-effect?)  He's about 80 lbs and 25 inches at the shoulder. 

Waking up from a nap.

Gracie is a 4 month old female Jindo.  She is a foster dog with Jin-Sohl Jindo Dog Rescue.  I'm currently putting her through puppy class and will be spaying her before making her available. 

Gracie loves hanging out with BokDol.


Marley is the more confident 8 month old male Poongsan who was abandoned at a petsitter in soCal.  If all goes well, he'll be going to a new home next weekend.  He's about 44 lbs and 22 inches at the shoulder. 

Marley is always happy to see me.




Kobain is the less confident 8 month old male Poongsan.  The plan is for me to work on him apart from his brother Marley to see if he becomes more people-orientated.  He is very awful on a leash as well.  He is about 44 lbs and 22 inches at the shoulder.

Kobain's rare happy face.



The Poongsans still hold up to their breed reputation as being good with other dogs who don't push them.  Gracie the Jindo did try to start an issue with Marley, but Marley corrected her appropriately and Gracie never crossed the line again with him or any of the other dogs. 

I can put nearly any combination of dogs together except for BokDol with the brothers.  Though the three boys don't show any aggression towards each other (only pee wars), I just don't want to deal with the possibility of breaking up 100 lb+ of dog flesh if there is a fight.

So BokDol plays with Gracie and PoongSoon.  The brothers play with PoongSoon, Gracie, or each other. 


Here are some snapshots of PoongSoon with Kobain.




PoongSoon doing her usual neck grab and Kobain tolerating it.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I would like to inquire a bit about Gracie. We are in contact with the rescue that is fostering her. We (my husband and I) know she has been bounced around and we are looking to give her a forever home. We will be meeting her on Sunday. We have previously had a basenji mix (dominant basenji) with similar issues of multiple owners. She turned out to be the best companion. She recently died of old age. I am just inquiring if there is any further info regarding behavior - likes, dislikes that you can provide?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Brandie,

      My very good friend is fostering Gracie and there's no doubt in my mind that she'll be very thorough in sharing Gracie's perks. She's fostered Gracie for a longer and more recent time period than I've ever fostered Gracie.

      Delete