Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Growth Spurt

I went away last weekend to attend a cousin's wedding and I came back to this dog:



Where did my lanky puppy go?  PoongSoon has a massive build now, that says, "My ancestors hunted wild boar!"  Course, the only chance she gets to test that is with BokDol.

Stalking BokDol


She manages to wrestle him down more times than not these days.  She currently weighs 58 lbs and is ~ 24 inches at the shoulder. 

Gotcha!


When I took her back to obedience school, her former instructors commented that her head had filled out.  No more skinny skull.  


 
Her coat has also gotten longer.  She has a really impressive tail (even with the burrs in it) and longer hairs on her shoulders.  She has a bigger neck mane now.  
 
Not the usual picture taking position


PoongSoon seems to have gotten more self-assured as well.  She's developed a grown-up bark.  No more uneasy single barks for her.  Once she starts, it's a continuous bark.  When she gets excited, her hackles raise up a good two inches. 

During obedience school, she's lost the "I have to play with the other dogs!" vibe.  Instead, it's "I'm bored with this exercise.  Can we do something else?"

2 comments:

  1. Wow, she's getting big! She's bigger than my two Girls (both are 50 pounds) and I love that superfluff tail. Do you think she's going to be fully long-haired or only have longer hair in certain areas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she'll only have longer hairs in certain areas. I don't think she'll be as fluffy as a long-haired Akita.

    ReplyDelete